Jacqueline Carey biography
Jacqueline Carey is the bestselling author of the critically acclaimed Kushiel's Legacy series of historical fantasy novels and The Sundering epic fantasy duology.
An avid reader, Jacqueline began writing fiction as a hobby in high school. After receiving B.A. degrees in psychology and English literature from Lake Forest College, she took part in a work exchange program and spent six months working in a bookstore in London. While living abroad, the desire to write professionally emerged as a driving passion. Upon returning she embarked in earnest on a writing career, which came to fruition a decade later. During this time she worked at the art centre of an area college, gaining a strong background in the visual arts. Jacqueline enjoys doing research on a wide variety of arcane topics, and an affinity for travel has taken her from Finland to Egypt to date.
She currently lives in west Michigan.
- 2001 Locus Award, Best First Novel (Kushiel's Dart)
- 2001 Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award, Best Fantasy Novel (Kushiel's Dart)
- Barnes & Noble, Top Ten Science Fiction & Fantasy of 2001 (Kushiel's Dart)
- Amazon.com Editors, Top Ten Fantasy of 2001 (Kushiel's Dart)
- Borders, Top Ten Fantasy of 2002 (Kushiel's Chosen)
- Amazon.com Editors, Top Ten Fantasy of 2003 (Kushiel's Avatar)
- Kushiel's Dart (2001)
- Kushiel's Chosen (2002)
- Kushiel's Avatar (2003)
- Kushiel's Scion (2006)
- Kushiel's Justice (2007)
- Kushiel's Mercy (2008)
- Naamah's Kiss (2009)
- Naamah’s Curse (2010)
- Naamah’s Blessing
- Banewreaker (2004)
- Godslayer (2005)
- Santa Olivia (2009)
- Santitos At Large (2011)