Robert Stanek was born on the 3rd January 1966 in Burlington, Wisconsin in the United States of America. His father emigrated to the U.S.A. from Budapest in Hungary.
At the age of 19, Robert Stanek joined the United States Air Force and fought in the Persian Gulf War where he was awarded the highest flying honour, the Air Force Distinguished Flying Cross.
Although not a Tolkien scholar, Stanek admits that the epic story and history written in Tolkien's books changed his life. Similarly to Tolkien, Stanek has the knowledge of several languages and is a war veteran and many see this as a common thread in the two authors writing. Stanek has studied Spanish, German, Japanese, Korean and Russian.
Robert Stanek is a Slav and he uses many of their philosophies in his fantasy books. He has used many of the word-bases of several languages for terms within his stories.
Robert Stanek books reviewed
Keeper Martin's Tales
- The Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches (2002)
- The Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches II (2002)
- The Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches III (2002)
- The Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches IV (2003)
- In the Service of Dragons: Honor Bound (2005)
- In the Service of Dragons: Hope Lost (2005)
- In the Service of Dragons III (2006)
- In the Service of Dragons IV (2006)
Ruin Mist Chronicles
- Keeper Martin's Tale (2002)
- Elf Queen's Quest (2002)
- Kingdom Alliance (2003)
- Fields of Honor (2005)
- Mark of the Dragon (2005)
Ruin Mist Tales
- The Elf Queen & the King (2003)
- The Elf Queen & the King II (2003)
- The Elf Queen and The King III (2004)
- The Elf Queen and The King IV (2006)
- Magic Lands (2002)
- Magic Lands and Other Stories (2002)
- Into the Stone Land (2004)