President Obama is a Harry Potter fan
Barack Obama has revealed that he is a huge fan of the Harry Potter series, and told author JK Rowling all about it when recently they met.
President Obama met Rowling at the end of the Downing Street G20 dinner.
He told her that he had read all her books, and that he also read them to his daughters Sasha and Malia. But Obama was not the only fan of the author, Russian President Medvedev and his wife Svetlana also admitted to having read the Harry Potter books. Medvedev and his wife even asked for Rowling’s autograph.
JK Rowling had been among a number of notable women from the arts, business, and sport world who were being entertained at Downing Street by Gordon Brown’s wife Sarah.
JK Rowling was born in the town of Yate, South Gloucestershire in 1965. She is the most successful literary author of all time and her world-famous Harry Potter series has so far sold a staggering 400,000,000 copies worldwide and has been translated into over sixty five different languages.
- Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone book review
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets book review
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban book review
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire book review
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix book review
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince book review
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book review
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard book review