The Humble eBook Bundle
The Humble Bundle started life as the Humble Indie Bundle, a group that would collect the rights to some of the most acclaimed indie video games and indie artists and sell them online as a complete package. The hook – you the consumer gets to decide what price you pay for these awesome titles with $0 being the minimum and no limit, as far as I know, on the maximum. The catch – you need to pay more than the average to access some of the exclusive titles.
The Humble eBook Bundle is the latest addition to Humble Bundle, a collection of awesome authors making awesome eBooks available to you at the price you think they are worth. Put together by Cory Doctorow as a promotional tool for his latest release – Pirate Cinema, the Humble eBook Bundle contains the following titles:
- Pirate Cinema by Cory Doctorow
- Pump Six by Paolo Bacigalupi
- Zoo City by Lauren Beukes
- Invasion by Mercedes Lackey
- Stranger Things Happen by Kelly Link
- Magic for Beginners by Kelly Link
- Old Man’s War by John Scalzi (exclusive to those who pay more than the average)
- Signal to Noise by Neil Gaiman & Dave McKean (HD graphic novel exclusive to those who pay more than the average)
Closing in rapidly on $500,000 after being live for just two days, John Scalzi tweeted that these figures would put all of these books right at the top of the New York Times bestsellers list. In future I would love to see a few more indie authors supported by this type of bundle, but for now I’m grateful that Cory Doctorow has managed to set up such an awesome platform for future eBook success.
So what are you waiting for, jump in now and grab some awesome eBooks at whatever price you want to pay.